WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions which apply to all online purchases from Hinch Flooring Services and any of our associated websites. The term “you” refers to the Buyer. The term “us” or “we” or “our” refers to Hinch Flooring Services.
Please ensure that you read and are satisfied with all of our terms and conditions before placing your order.
While we make every effort to represent our products as accurately as possible, colour likeness of products may vary due to limitations of browser software, camera settings, monitor/screen settings and natural variations in real wood products. We recommend all our customers order a sample before placing an order.
On natural products such as real wood, samples are selected at random and will frequently vary in colour due to the nature of the product.
A listing on this or any of our associated websites does not guarantee that the product is in stock for immediate dispatch. The customer may on occasion be asked to wait up to 30 days until restocking occurs. We will use all reasonable endeavors to keep our customer informed. A customer will still have the right to cancel should they be unhappy about a long wait, in which case our standard terms and conditions will apply, but no retention of restocking fees will apply. We will inform all of our customers by email when delivery is expected to happen.
We make every effort to ensure the information on our website is correct. In the case of any incorrect information, we reserve the right to change a customer’s order or price in accordance with what is considered to be the correct information. We will notify customers of any changes and this does not affect your right to cancel.
The Goods shall be delivered to the Buyer’s premises.
Delivery charges apply to United Kingdom Mainland (Excluding Scottish Highlands), Northern Ireland and Ireland Only. Extra delivery charges may be requested for any orders outside these areas.
Please ensure you are available for your delivery on the arranged day. Failure to accept the goods can result in extra charges.
If payment has been made by credit or debit card, the delivery address should be the same as the registered card address to comply with the anti-fraud regulations set by our merchant provider. We reserve the right to withhold delivery of an order until a suitable payment method is arranged or payment by other means is completed, or our merchant provider confirms in writing the purchase was made by the registered card holder.
Delivery of the goods will be accepted at any time of day. If the buyer fails to take delivery, or provide any necessary documents, the goods may be returned to Hinch Flooring Services and the buyer will be responsible for any charges associated with this.
Hinch Flooring Services will use reasonable endeavors to arrange delivery, but if Hinch Flooring Services needs to store or arrange for storage of the goods until actual delivery they may charge the buyer for all related costs and expenses including but without limitation, storage, insurance and re-delivery.
Hinch Flooring Services will use reasonable endeavors to rearrange delivery but, if unable to rearrange delivery, the goods may be returned to Hinch Flooring Services, and all delivery and return costs will be charged to the buyer.
Hinch Flooring Services will use reasonable endeavors to deliver or perform each of the Buyers orders for the goods within the time agreed when the buyer places an order and, if no time is agreed, then within 30 days, but the time of delivery or performance will not be of the essence. Hinch Flooring Services will not be held responsible for any costs to the buyer resulting from late delivery.
Delivery dates are strictly estimates, and any delay in delivery time does not entitle the consumer to cancel the contract. This does not affect your right to return goods.
The contract of sale may be treated as at an end and a full refund will be issued if the customer has exclusively expressed in writing to us that a specific delivery time is essential, at least 48 hrs before the goods are dispatched, and that Hinch Flooring Services have exclusively agreed in writing that a delivery time will be essential as part of the contract of sale. If no such agreement is made, the delivery time and performance will remain as not of the essence.
Smaller orders that are delivered by courier will also come with a tracking number so that you can follow your order every step of the way. For larger orders we use specialist heavy goods haulers who will deliver your floor on a pallet by kerbside delivery. Your order will be brought as close as possible to your entrance. Unfortunately, haulers are not allowed to unpack your order and bring it inside for you, so please ensure that you are available to receive your delivery and bring it inside. Disposal of all packaging is the customer’s responsibility. We politely ask that you recycle all wood and cardboard packaging and waste where possible.
Please ensure that your address has clear access for delivery vehicles before ordering. Narrow lanes and low bridges can cause problems for bulky goods delivery vehicles. If you are not sure please just call our office and we can advise you.
When we deliver using our own drivers in areas closer to our warehouse we are often able to offer a doorstep service where we will bring the floor to your front door and when possible inside your home. NB We are only able to bring the floor to downstairs rooms within your home.
Delivery time of day cannot be given by Hinch Flooring Services. Hinch Flooring Services will not be responsible for any failed delivery times quoted by any third parties.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to inspect all goods to their complete satisfaction for damage before accepting and signing for delivery. Hinch Flooring Services will accept no responsibility for goods damaged during transit if the customer has signed for them. Should a delivery arrive to you damaged in any way it must be signed as “damaged” in order for us to send a replacement or issue compensation.
If the items are not signed as damaged or damages are not reported to us within 24hrs for receiving a delivery, Hinch Flooring Services will accept no liability for any damages.
The buyer may also refuse to accept a damaged delivery. Please note, should a delivery be returned to us because the customer has refused to accept it, and there is no evidence of damage, it will be considered a “cancellation” and treated as such.
Should the buyer wish to accept a damaged delivery, they must still sign for it as “damaged“ with the delivery courier in order for us to process any claim for compensation on their behalf.
Occasionally a courier may not allow ample time to inspect the goods thoroughly. In such a case you should sign the goods as unchecked and receive the delivery.You must then inspect the goods thoroughly for any signs of damages by removing the protective packaging. Any damages recorded should be photographed and emailed to us at email@example.com within 24hrs of the delivery.
We advise that a customer does not book any fitting until the goods have been delivered and checked. We will not be held liable for any fitting costs resulting from late delivery or delivery of incorrect or damaged goods.
The contract of sale may be treated as at an end and a full refund will be issued if Hinch Flooring Services refuse to deliver the goods.
Only if requested, Hinch Flooring Services will supply our customers with a choice of local independent floor installers. NB, All customers are free to elect their own chosen fitter and there is no requirement to use an installer that Hinch Flooring Services have informed you of. We provide our customers with a choice of local installers only on request and they are registered independent companies. Any installer information provided to the customer is strictly without any guarantee of quality or warranty from Hinch Flooring Services. If required, we can contact the installer on your behalf to determine availability. Hinch Flooring Services does not employ any installers and therefore accepts no liability for their performance. All work carried out is independent of our contract to sell you the goods. The flooring installation company will take full responsibility for the quality of their installation and service. We cannot be held responsible for any losses in relation to the fitting service.
Storage of Goods – In-Store Orders
Goods with deposits, or which are paid in full may be stored in our warehouse for up to 8 weeks from date of purchase at no extra charge. If longer-term storage is required, Hinch Flooring Services must be notified in writing by the purchaser before the free 8 week storage period has finished. We reserve the right to charge a storage fee on uncollected goods held longer than the 8 week storage period. If Hinch Flooring Services have not been contacted to arrange a longer-term storage, Hinch Flooring Services may sell your goods without notice and any deposit paid may be refunded, only after a reasonable storage fee is deducted. We are unable to reserve any goods with a minimum of 25% deposit. NB. Deposits are non-refundable.
Returns policy- In Store Orders
Under full compliance with the United Kingdom’s Trading Regulations, we do not accept the cancellation of in-store orders. At our own discretion, extra stock purchased for wastage can be returned up to 90 days from purchase provided a valid receipt is produced and that the items are in the original sealed packaging. The maximum value for stock returned for wastage is 15% of the total order value. To be eligible for a return, goods must also be in the original sealed packaging with no signs of damage. Please check all goods are of satisfactory quality before proceeding with installation.
Returns policy- Online Orders
Order Cancellations – Online Orders
Under full compliance with the United Kingdom’s Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel your order for any item purchased from the Hinch Flooring Services website within 14 days of receipt, for any reason, and you do not have to provide a reason. Please note that any cancellations will be subject to the buyer paying all costs associated with returning the order if already dispatched and/or any storage costs if the goods were held for the purchaser for a period longer than 30 days. You must notify us in writing if you wish to cancel an order within 14 days of receipt of goods.
To be eligible for a return, goods must be in the original sealed packaging with no signs of damage. We do allow one opened box to enable you to inspect the goods but the original packaging must be retained. The remainder of the order must remain unopened and unspoiled. If you have not yet received the goods, but they have been dispatched before we have been notified of a cancellation, then the buyer must accept the goods and arrange the safe return of them to Hinch Flooring Services, or if they refuse to accept the delivery, the buyer must accept the reasonable cost of return without limitation.
Return or exchange an item – Online Orders
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item or items to us in original condition. For any return or exchange, we will accept a maximum of one opened box per transaction, with packaging complete, to enable the customer to inspect the floor. You must inform us in writing within 14 days of receipt of goods of your intention to return or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can supply a cancellation form. We will only issue a refund (including the original delivery charge) or exchange the item for a different size / colour etc on receipt of returned items.
The buyer will be responsible for any reasonable return costs of a canceled purchase without limitation, even if they cancel the order before receipt of goods.
Part returns of orders will not be accepted unless previously agreed with Hinch Flooring Services.
Compensation claims can take up to 14 days to resolve, but reasonable endeavors will be made to process the claim as quickly as possible.
• The item is the buyer’s responsibility until it reaches Hinch Flooring Services designated returns address. For the buyers’ protection, we recommend that sending returns using a delivery service that insures the buyer for the full value of the goods. Alternatively contact us in case we can arrange collection on your behalf, where an £80 Administration fee will be applicable, although in certain circumstances we may retain the right to refuse to organise the return delivery on the buyers’ behalf.
• All returned items must be in the original sealed packaging with no signs of damage.
• All costs of returning items to Hinch Flooring Services are the Buyers responsibility.
• Please ensure to package all returns adequately. It is recommended to contact us for advice regarding packaging as we will not accept any returns unless the product has been returned in unmarked and undamaged condition. This includes packaging.
• If you do not return the original item to us by the end of the 14 day period, we reserve the right to charge an amount equal to the price of your original order to the payment card you used for the order.
• Before fitting please check that you have the correct product and that you are happy with the product. If you need to make a change, this can always be done before the floor is fitted, but not after. We do not accept returns on a fitted floor.
• As soon as we receive notice of your cancellation of an order and the return of the product we will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item together with the item’s normal delivery charge. Please note we cannot refund any extra delivery charges above our standard charges, including but not limited too, express delivery or Saturday delivery.
• All floor warranties are void should the floor not be fitted correctly or recommended site conditions are not met. Please read our guides on fitting before commencing any work. Please also refer to manufacturers’ instructions. All our floor fitting guides are located on our website in the technical section. Should you have any trouble finding them please contact us.
• If the item you received is faulty, please contact us by emailing details to email@example.com quoting your order number, your name and address, details of the product and the reason for the return, and whether you require a refund or a replacement. We will then advise on how to proceed with the return.
• If an item is thought to be faulty or incorrect, do not proceed with fitting. We can not and will not take any responsibility for a fitted floor if it could have been previously detected that the product was faulty.
• Should you notice a problem with your floor after fitting, that could not have been detected before installation, we will arrange for an independent inspection at the buyers’ expense. Only if we find that the product is at fault, then the cost of the inspection and floor (along with delivery charges) will be fully refunded. Hinch Flooring Services will not accept any liability from any other costs arising from a faulty product being fitted, not exclusive to but including uplift or fitting costs, cost of other materials, any damage arising from uplift or inspection, loss of earnings, or inconvenience.
• You have 30 days from receipt of the faulty item to return it to us.
I received an Incorrect or Faulty Order (online and Instore Orders apply)
Please check your order upon receipt to ensure that you have the right products and quantities. If the item you received is not what you originally ordered, please contact us immediately, quoting your order number, your name and address and details of the incorrect product. We will then advise on how to proceed.
• Before fitting or using your order, please check that you have the correct product and that you are satisfied with the product. If you need to make a change, this can always be done before the product is fitted or used, but returns will not be accepted on a fitted or used product if the wrong items was supplied . Should you receive the wrong item please notify us in writing within 7 days of delivery.
• Hinch Flooring Services cannot accept any refund on any products that are not still in the original packaging and will not refund a floor after it has been fitted or opened unless a product defect that could not previously have been identified is be proven.
• Items wrongly delivered must be returned in unused and in good condition in order for a refund or exchange to be carried out. It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure the safe return of any items in order to qualify for a refund or exchange.
• NB We cannot accept responsibility for any missing items that are not reported to us on the day of delivery.
In the case of receiving the wrong or faulty items, the full return cost of the goods will be cared for by Hinch Flooring Services, and we can organise a collection on the buyers’ behalf. However, you may be required to follow some packing instructions and be available to return the item to a courier. Hinch Flooring Services will use reasonable endeavors to arrange the collection of returned goods at a time that will suit the buyer. It is required that the buyer also uses reasonable endeavor to make themselves available to carry out the return of a delivery.
Hinch Flooring Services
Unit 9 Masonsfield Business Park
9 Kilmore Rd
In the event that you have a complaint please contact our customer service team on firstname.lastname@example.org where we will respond within 1 working day